Thermal imaging can be used for troubleshooting, preventive, and predictive maintenance of many electrical and mechanical devices used in office buildings, industrial facilities, hospitals, and data centers. Types of equipment that can be tested include electrical panels, switches, outlets, conductors, fuses, and motors.
Thermal Imaging can pinpoint trouble spots in your electrical system that could lead to:
- Damaging heat build-up in breakers and wires, leading to breaker and wire failure.
- Damage to equipment (network equipment, motors, lighting, etc…).
- Loss of business due to electrical failure, loss of power, loss of important equipment, and data that is vital to the daily operation of your business.
- Electrical fire! Stemming from loose connections, damaged or faulty wiring, worn out electrical safety equipment.
E2 Optics Thermal Imaging can help prevent costly downtime caused by equipment failure. Here’s how:
- First, we open all electrical panels, transformers, and other requested equipment that can be damaged by heat build-up.
- Then we scan the equipment and check for NEC (National Electrical Code) violations.
- We replace all equipment covers.
- Provide a detailed report on all findings, including a comprehensive list of suggested repairs and corrective measures.
There is no need to shut off equipment during the inspection. The equipment must be running in order to “see” any thermal signatures of potential problems. Thermal Imaging delivers non-contact inspections that are 100% safe.